ADOPTEE ISSUES THAT I HAVE OVERCOME!!
FROM ONE ADOPTEE'S MIND TO YOURS (COMING OUT)
I AM GOING TO PUT MYSELF ON THE LINE AND SET THE EXAMPLE...BECAUSE I WOULD NEVER ASK NOR EXPECT ANYONE TO OPEN UP NOR BE HONEST, IF I DON'T DO IT.
I AM AN ADOPTEE AND IT IS A TOUCHY, AND SENSITIVE AREA BUT IT NEEDS TO BE SHARED AND DISCUSSED.
The goal is that it will help someone else who is also going experiencing this.
PLEASE RESPECT MINE AND ALL OTHER OF OUR FRIENDS RIGHTS, VIEWS AND BELIEFS EVEN IF THEY ARE DIFFERENT THAN YOURS.
THE GOAL IS TO SHARE VIEWS PERSPECTIVES ON ADOPTION WHILE GROWING AND APPRECIATING OTHER ADOPTEE'S VIEWS.
PART A - (CONSIST OF THE COMMON SENSE / EMOTIONAL FABRIC)
I am an adoptee and I have been holding in a lot of things that I need to vent. About what you might ask? About this messed-up governmental/Bureaucratic/Political system/THE ADOPTIVE SYSTEM!
I HAVE A VERY GOOD ARGUMENT I NEED TO DISCUSS, I FEEL THAT IT COULD SET A NEW PRECEDENT FOR ADOPTEES IN FLORIDA AND THE UNITED STATES. THIS WILL PROBABLY END UP BEING ONE OF THE BIGGEST CLASS ACTION LAW SUITS IN HISTORY.
So many people take things for granted...... let me just give you a little taste of what I and other adoptee goes thru everyday.... I am going to try to articulate this to you..
THIS IS HOW I USED TO FEEL MOST OF THE TIME....
WHEN YOU ARE AN ADOPTEE YOU WAKE UP EVERY MORNING WITH A BIG QUESTION MARK ON YOUR FOREHEAD. THE BIG QUESTION MARK (??) ON YOUR FOREHEAD YELLS AT YOU: " WHO AM I "? "WHERE DID I COME FROM? "
AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW THOSE TWO ANSWERS THEN YOU CONCLUSIVELY DON'T KNOW:
"WHERE AM I GOING" AND "HOW AM I GOING TO GET THERE? WHO WILL HELP ME GET THERE?
(NO FAMILY) >>>
ALL OF THE COLLEGES, AND UNIVERSITIES THAT STUDY HUMANITY, PSYCHOLOGY, AND HISTORY WOULD TELL YOU THAT THESE ARE THE BASIC QUESTIONS THAT MAN HISTORICALLY, PRESENTLY, AND IN THE FUTURE NEEDS TO KNOW TO SURVIVE. THEY ARE BASIC NECESSITIES OF THOUGHT AND CONSCIENCE.
And adoptee confronts and thinks even subconsciously EVERY SECOND, minute, hour, OF EACH AND EVERY DAY, AND ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU LOOK INTO THE MIRROR ABOUT THIS QUESTION ND THESE ISSUES.
ALL YOU SEE IS THE QUESTION MARK???? (YOU DON'T SEE THE PERSON,...BUT YOU ALWAYS SEE THE QUESTION MARK. AS STATED ABOVE FOR 39 YEARS I HAVE DEALT WITH THIS AND ALL OF THE RESULTING ISSUES THAT STEM FROM AND ARISE OUT OF THE ADOPTEE'S DELIMA.
*WHY , AND HOW DOES THIS OCCUR,YOU MAY ASK? ...BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO REFERENCE POINT TO KNOW THE PERSON, EVEN IF IT IS YOURSELF.
Written/typed by, lived by, felt by ManofGod335 and the millions of others that I speak for I my heart.
Man Of God335
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Right on... and can share your experience with adoption questions! It is a series of ????????
Hope that you are finding other adoptees to talk to.
Hi,
I'm another adoptee blogging - trying to make sense of my existence.
I also have links on my blog to many adoptees from all over the world - and links to an adoptee forum.
Those that are not adoptees - just don't get it - and they sadly probably never will.
I'm glad I've now found another!!
Pop on by if you get the chance.
Possum.
(Aussie adoptee)
BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO REFERENCE POINT TO KNOW THE PERSON, EVEN IF IT IS YOURSELF.
very true....very true.
I feel both parents should be given forms to write out information about themselves, like their race, where they live, what are their names,even why they decided to give him or her away,ect.
The adoptee should have a legal right to know that specific information at a particular age from the US Govt.
Where giving away human beings here not cows,chickens, or goats. I feel adoptees should at least know certain information about their original parents to lessen the question marks about who they are.
THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT!!
I AM STARTING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR ALL ADOPTEES IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, BUT IT WILL PROBABLY GO NATIONAL...IM SURE!
THERE WILL BE A SEPARATE BLOG MADE FOR THAT AT A LATE DATE ONCE WE ARE MORE ORGANIZED!
CALDJINGLE
Thanks for leaving the comment on my adoptee blog so I could find you and read your post. My heart goes out to you. While I understand the VOID of information that is most often our frustrating reality, I can only imagine what it must be like to grow up a black male in America...and adopted. I thought identify formation was tough enough being female and Mexican. Keep exploring those adoptee issues...don't worry about what the non-adopted say. BTW, have you read any books by Betty Lifton? If you haven't, I highly recommend them. She is one of the first adoptees to write about the
journey we are forced to take to find ourselves. I do believe it's our basic human right to know our heritage and our stories. I believe that adoption is a last resort for those children who's parents can't or won't care for them. What's alarming is that adoption has become an INDUSTRY to supply babies to those who can't have them...when it was intended the other way around...in the best interest of the child. It was never in our interests to lose our connection to our past, our heritage. In some ways, that question mark you talked about? It's like being branded. But we aren't blank slates. We DO have a past except that it's been hidden from us and we are forced to fill in the blanks as best we can. This is not a real way to live.
Post a Comment